
8. The Click Five, Catch Your Wave
It's just annoying. It reminds me of the crappiest of crappy boy band songs. It has the dumbest lyrics. "Hey, girl I wanna catch your wave. Hey, girl you're in an undertow" or something. Taking a metaphor to the next level, when the metaphor was a stretch in the first place. That particular crappy boy band image is not being helped by having about 8 trillion screaming girls in their video. Not to mention, one of them text messages, using text-speak. I guess I'm getting old.

7. Sean Paul, We Be Burnin'
Nice screen shot, eh? I don't like this song just because it's just like a lot of other hip-hop songs. It's annoying to listen to, I don't like Sean Paul as a rule, and there are scantily clad girls wiggling their butts around. Not quite the thing I like to watch 45 times a day.

6. T Pain, Sprung
I am sure you can guess what this song is about. And your guess would be right. I don't have much else to say except it sickens me.

5. Pussycat Dolls, Stickwitu
Despite the fact that they are formed by Jonathan Antin's sister, I can never fully appreciate the Pussycat Dolls. Maybe it is their name. Maybe it is how they are also scantily clad. Maybe it is that I can never actually spot J.A.'s sister. Is she actually in this group? Another reason I don't like this song is the name. Another is: why should I like them? They are the opposite of me and stand for things I don't like.

4. Black Eyed Peas, My Humps
Ok. I'm not one to be overly feminist, but when it comes to videos, it's hard not to be. I saw a show on that subject the other night and it was interesting. Anyway, this song is all about a woman's butt and breasts and how they are going to please a man. Nice, huh? Now that woman have tried so hard to become equal and not to be objectified, it's nice to know that the Black Eyed Peas rewound decades of effort in one fell swoop.
Up next: More Hated Videos!!!
Aquafresh Extreme Clean. Experience a feeling of clean like nothing else.

3. D4L, Laffy Taffy
Who is this band, you ask? No idea. But I do know that the entire song is "Shake that laffy taffy, that laffy taffy" over and over and over and over and over again. That's it. In the most annoying voice imaginable. And, apparently some of the girls hold Dum-Dums in their hands.
2. Mariah Carey, Don't Forget About Us
Funnily enough, I couldn't find a place to get a screen cap of this video. So the one pictured above is not it. Considering it plays at least once an hour on all channels, that seems strange. I don't like this video for many reasons. 1) It is a bad song. Period. 2) Why is she getting so many awards? I could understand it if it was for her older songs, but in recent years she has really sucked. She has a good voice and she wastes it on crap like this. 3) Stop wearing those horrible clothes and stop being pictured in bathtubs. 4) Make people play your video less. I hate it. 5) She is, honestly, really weird looking. To me it's almost Michael-Jackson-esque.
The Army. Strength for now, strength for later.
1. Nickelback, Photograph
Can I even come up with words to describe how horrible this video/song is? I don't think so. I don't understand this band. I don't understand how they are so popular that their video plays 500% more than Coldplay's. Who honestly likes them? The singer dropped out of high school and discussed that in this song. He was also in jail. When he got out, he just decided to become a musician and lo and behold, here they are. His voice makes my ears bleed. Ok. At the beginning of the song, while he is holding the photo pictured above, he says/sings, "Look at this photograph. Every time I do it makes me laugh." At the end, he sings, "Look at this photograph. Every time I do it makes me laugh. Every time I do it makes me................" and then walks away. I frickin' HATE when songs do that! It's so bad it makes ME laugh when I see it! (I sometimes watch it just to see that end part. It's the cheesiest damn ploy to do in a song. Please!!! Write something halfway original.

3 comments:
very impressive and entertaining post. i also liked your commercials...although to be more true to form you'd have to have a commercial after every song. maybe even stick a commercial between the screen cap and the explanation. :)
i'm so used to not having to watch commercials. except when i watch afn...i swear their commercials are like 90 thousand years long. and they're not even commercials. they're military propaganda. ugh.
i used to get korean mtv, but then they changed the tv pricing and now it's like 3 times as expensive to get all the channels i sued to get. and i'm not really missing them, so i'm not going to pay for them. although it's really not too bad. i pay about $5/mo for 50 channels. It'd be about $15/mo for all 77. the only channels are really missing are InStyle, Nat'l Geo, and Discovery. Which are good channels, but I really don't watch tv that much and not all of the shows on those stations are in English anyway. huh. sorry for that long diatribe. 1) is that a word? 2)if so, did i spell it right? 3) if so again, did i use it right?
and no, i didn't sue to get those channels...i meant to write 'used'...not 'sued.' Haha. yeah, i'm all about testing out the korean judicial system...
I'm being weird and stalkerish maybe. I was just scanning your archives. This is genius probably. You kick ass.
Post a Comment