No different than any other day.
So today is/was my mom's birthday. Yesterday we were going to go over to her house but decided not to. Today we were going to have a birthday party for her and my grandma's, which I was really not looking forward to. However, she decided not to show up. She went to the Mall of America. Wonderful, huh? Also, she neglected to mention that to us. We found out my my grandma calling us. Then we had to go out to eat with them and their friends, which was possibly the most boring and pointless meal I have ever gone to. Some choice conversations: when did you come home, when are you leaving, and my favorite: how much do you pay for gas? I was sort of stunned at that and couldn't answer for a second. Well, actually, I get it free. What the hell? I live an hour away in the same state. We like to predict questions I get asked bec. they're always the same. I am surprised I didn't get questions about groceries or comments on how my wall is red. However, we did get comments on how we take showers daily. I actually wasn't expecting that one, but I wasn't surprised.
Later my mother called our house and yelled at Suzanne and informed her that she would not be there for her birthday party tomorrow (rescheduled). I was so mad. I may throw out her birthday present. We proceeded to have a long discussion with my dad on how much we dislike her.
Get this. Her stupid boyfriend has parents that are both in nursing homes. One of them died about 4 days ago and he didn't know about it! The stinker is that they went to visit him on Christmas day. And her stupid boyfriend (HSB for short) told lies about him to my grandpa, who later found out they were lies because they were directly contradicted in the newspaper obituary. My grandma saw the obituary and called my mom, who was with HSB. They both did not know. Ok, so maybe he had a bad relationship with his family, but they did allegedly go see him last week. Who doesn't find out their own father dies? We were so freaked out. I hate HSB more than I can convey to you right now.
My dad was like "I don't want to make any judgements on him because I don't know him" and I was like "we'll help you! He's stupid!" And later he said "I don't want you guys being over there when he's there." Which will be good I think. He's basically over there all the time. My mom gets pissed when my sisters aren't there, but 1) HSB is always there, which means we can't/don't want to be there, and 2) she's doing something with him so can't be with us...
Aaaaaggghh I can't even express how annoying my family is. We joked in the car that HSB's family might be more messed up than ours, and that's hard to beat.
There was simply no reason to call and make my sister cry. That's the bottom line. Nobody did anything. And even if we did, would we really want to do something just to make someone mad? That's like her mission in life. To feel like and prove beyond all measure of reason that everyone is out to get her. What a bitch.
We're supposed to go over to my grandma's anyway (who by the way told us on the phone to give my mom a break because she's going through a hard time--what a load of shit) but I just don't want to. Period.

No comments:
Post a Comment