Oh man. I am beginning to get bombarded at work. Toward the end of the day I was beginning to get a huge stack of crap. My boss has been saying he wants to give me more responsibility over the project I'm on. Mostly this is because his wife is going to have a baby any day and then I will be on my own. I'm slightly nervous, but as long as I know what I'm supposed to do, I'm fairly sure I can figure it out. Better than the new guy, that is. I'm proud of my problem-solving skills.
I am getting Photoshop at work!!! :D
--------------------------
The things I am going to say now may make me out to be really pathetic, but I'm going to say them anyway.
This whole Stargate thing is really bumming me out. I woke up at least 5 times last night, remembered it, and was sad. It's one thing that he died, but he died of radiation poisoning. How did he get that? He was on a planet that was building a nuclear warhead, only they were using a very radioactive version of an element that doesn't exist on earth. The scientists had an accident and all died. He was watching behind a shield and decided to go in and get the reactor out of the bomb. He picked it up with his bare hands, thus saving that entire planet, while damning himself to a very painful death. A few days later his brain was eating itself and he had bandages all over his body. It was horrible.
And I just don't like that he is gone!!!!!!!!!!!
I actually felt sad today while reading an article about anthropology because he is an anthropologist.
One thing I don't understand is that when he comes back he has the same body. Ok, I guess maybe a new one was made, but it's one thing I get confused about. First, it was all radioactive and nobody could heal it with any technology. Second, when he comes back it would have been all decomposed. I know, it's just a television show, but still. This is the type of thing true nitpickers worry about. Besides, I need to know these details about his body because it is so hot.
I was thinking about this a lot today. I realized something. There is no reason for me to be so upset about a fictional character taking a hiatus from a show, especially since he is on the airings on Friday (the new episodes), Saturday (different channel), and Monday (SG-1 marathons). It's a classic example of me being too freaking obsessive over every little thing. I think I should channel my energy back towards Coldplay or something that probably won't go away soon.
I just feel that in a lot of ways I am too old to get into things like this. It happens a lot to teenagers, especially girls. I went through many years of feeling like I was going to marry one person or another. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that about Daniel Jackson or Michael Shanks. I simply enjoy his presence on my favorite show and feel an acute sense of loss when he is gone. And while I feel I am too old to experience obsession, I also feel that a lot of people of all ages, especially women, have this kind of thing throughout their lives, whether it be Brad Pitt or some other guy. I don't know. Perhaps I am thinking about it way too much.
What it comes down to is that I am emotional, I just am. And I got sad about it, and my emotion was probably heightened by other things going on, and I'll get over it. Especially if there is a funny one soon.
Thursday, January 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment